It sounds like a great deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t appreciate things that are free, right?
Companies that promote alluring deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free can make customers think they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's critical to approach these offers carefully. Many times, what seems like a great deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Unscrupulous companies might boost the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount they're promoting.
There’s the well-known saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t too many air conditioners that are actually free when it's all over.
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A so-called "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or purchasing expensive extra services. It's crucial for you to thoroughly evaluate the overall cost and terms before falling for such promotions. One way to protect yourself is to obtain a second opinion from another HVAC company, such as Air Alliance Team, and review prices of the entire installation.
Below are some of the ways a “free” AC could come back to haunt your finances
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may enhance the pricing of their merchandise to compensate for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the entire cost of the contract much higher than it initially appears.
- Hidden installation fees: While the air conditioner may be free, customers may encounter unanticipated installation charges that weren't clearly stated in the initial offer. These costs can dramatically increase the overall price tag of the system.
- Mandatory extra services: To recoup the cost of the supposedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at exaggerated prices. All these can easily add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies sometimes will pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, claiming enhanced performance or better efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or offer much value for the added expense.
- Warranty limitations: Although the primary offer may include warranties, some companies might apply restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that restrict the coverage. Buyers might need to pay extra for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's crucial to focus on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being enticed by flashy promotions, it is wiser to work with a reputable company.
What are the qualities of a reputable HVAC business? The company will have a sound track record in the industry, endorsed by good customer reviews. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which indicates it respects industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating and cooling business handle pricing? It will have clear and fair pricing, that doesn't have any hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Ballwin and St. Charles, Choose Air Alliance Team
At Air Alliance Team, we take pride in delivering our customers dependable and high-quality HVAC service in Ballwin and St. Charles. Whether you need furnace installation or are looking for a second opinion, our team is dedicated to providing excellent support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our seasoned experts are skilled in their craft and furnished with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We focus on customer satisfaction, and our helpful staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you choose Air Alliance Team, you can have confidence that you'll get superior service from an HVAC company that genuinely cares about your comfort.
Call 636-206-4584 today for your complimentary, no-obligation estimate.