Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Ballwin and St. Charles are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Air Alliance Team in Ballwin and St. Charles will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 636-206-4250 and stay comfortable this summer.