Having standard air conditioning service performed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Ballwin and St. Charles summer, have the specialists at Air Alliance Team conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Alliance Team today at 636-206-4250.