During the colder Ballwin and St. Charles months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Air Alliance Team will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Air Alliance Team right away if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Air Alliance Team can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air Alliance Team at 636-206-4250 or book an appointment with us online.