Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family warm during the Ballwin and St. Charles colder months. If you already called Air Alliance Team for your annual check-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 636-206-4250 to get one set-up.
There are many easy things you can do in between expert servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or replace them when recommended. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are clear for maximum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up by your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s operating correctly. Just turn it on and gently raise the temperature setting until your heat pump flips on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Air Alliance Team at 636-206-4250 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!