As warmer weather begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Ballwin and St. Charles? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was cooling just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system inspected seasonally by a Air Alliance Team technician can help locate small issues before they lead to huge breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to maintain intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up inside your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to increased energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy bill and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify small troubles before they turn into major, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance checks. These in-depth processes often allow us to find problems before they create large troubles that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your equipment is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is set to give worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to advanced meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Complete system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Air Alliance Team
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Air Alliance Team pros a ring at 636-206-4250 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.