As warmer weather starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Ballwin and St. Charles? Even if your cooling equipment is recently installed or was running well last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Air Alliance Team pro can help spot little issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine parts and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into large troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Air Alliance Team
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Air Alliance Team pros a ring at 636-206-4584 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.