With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically raise your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Air Alliance Team specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system running at its best for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is running correctly and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Air Alliance Team a call at 636-206-4250.