It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to tell you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a host of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Air Alliance Team in Ballwin and St. Charles has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 636-206-4250.