Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Ballwin and St. Charles during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Air Alliance Team will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Air Alliance Team at 636-206-4250 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.